Zhang, Bingjun ()
M. S. candidate 2002
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +86-(0)10-5880 2064
College of Life Sciences 502,
Beijing Normal University,
No.19, Xinjiekouwai Street,
100875 Beijing, China.
¡°The best part of your newly chosen career is that you will never have to worry about running out of things to discover.¡±
-- Yewdell, J.W. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 9 , 413-416(2008).
Master of Science Candidate, Bioinformatics
09/2006 - Present
Beijing Normal University , Beijing , P.R. China
Supervisor: Dr. Deng-Ke Niu
Bachelor of Science, Biotechnology
09/2002 ¨C 07/2006
University of Science and Technology Beijing , Beijing , P.R. China
- Theoretical evolutionary biology
- Computational biology
- Biological networks
- Graduate Research 09/2006 ¨C Present
- Tested hypotheses we proposed to study the regulation of R-loop
formation by predicting potential R-loop formation sites and
analyzing their correlation with cis-regulatory elements.
transcriptional rate as well as newly gained introns.
- Tested dosage hypothesis and imbalance hypothesis of
haploinsufficient genes by analyzing variation of the extent of protein
wrapping, gene structure and codon usage bias between
haploinsufficient genes and over-expression genes in Saccharomyces
- Tested the hypotheses mentioned above by integrating clinical
validated haploinsufficient/haplosufficient genes and analyzing
differences of copy number variation between the two groups in
- Tested hypotheses we proposed to study differences of cancer
sensitivity between human and mouse by analyzing the gene
expression level and expression breadth variation of homologous
oncogenes, tumor suppressor genes and DNA repair genes.
- Involved in research of intron loss and intron gain in the group.
- Undergraduate Research 09/2004 ¨C 07/2006
- Participated in a program of biodegradation of methyl parathion, a
widely used organophosphorus pesticide. Isolated and identificated a
new strain, named Acinetob-acter radioresistens USTB-04, which is
capable of biodegrading methyl parathion under restrictive culture
- Cloned of the gene encoding trehalose-6-phosphate synthase from
Porphyra y-ezoensis in silico.
- Programming languages: Perl, C, R
- Database management: MySQL
- Statistical software: SPSS
- Operatings Systems: Unix/Linux, Windows
2007 Graduate Summer School on Bioinformatics of China
2007.07.26 - 2007.08.24 at Tsinghua University, Beijing, P.R. China
Courses in Molecular Population Genetics and Evolutionary Theories.
Professor Chung-I Wu, Department of Molecular Genetics, University of
2006.04.09 - 2006.04.13 at Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou, P.R. China
Courses in Linkage, Association and QTL Mapping.
Courses in Statistical Methods for Mapping Quantitative Trait Loci.
Professor Zhao-Bang Zeng, Department of Statistics and Genetics,
Bioinformatics Research Center, North Carolina State University
2006.04.15 - 2006.04.19 at Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou, P.R. China
Teaching assistant of undergraduate course Introduction to life sciences.
- Assisted professor preparing materials for the course.