Li, Ning ()
Tel: +86-(0)10-5880 2064
Address: College of Life Sciences,
Beijing Normal University,
No.19, Xinjiekouwai Street,
100875 Beijing, China.
Yoga, Swimming, Badmintons and Mountain climbing, etc.
- Sep. 2005 - present: Ph.D. candidate in Bioinformatics, Laboratory of Computational Molecular Biology,
College of Life Sciences, Beijing Normal University, Beijing, China.
- Sep. 2001 - Jul. 2005: B.S. in Computer Science and Technology,
College of Computer Science and Technology, Wuhan University of Science and Technology,
AWARDS & SCHOLARSHIPS
RESEARCH & INTERESTS
Employing proteomic data of Escherichia coli, Saccharomyces cerevisiae, and Schizosaccharomyces pombe,
genome-wide analyses protein sequences to discuss the relationship of protein evolution and elemental composition in amino acid.
Basing on high-throughput whole sequenced genomes, analyse amino acid compostion in different functional gene categories.
In addition, I also focus on problems about gene expression,
functional categorization of genes and phylogenetic analysis.
I think I will become interested in the project which needs the knowledge and technique of bioinformatics, computer science (like Web application) and statistics.
- Li N, Lv J and Niu DK* (2009). Low contents of carbon and nitrogen in highly abundant proteins: Evidence of selection for the economy of atomic composition.
Journal of Molecular Evolution, 68: 248-255.
- Lv J,Li N and Niu DK* (2008). Association between the availability of environmental resources and the atomic composition of organismal proteomes: Evidence from Prochlorococcus strains living at different depths.
Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications 375: 241-246.
- Operating systems: LINUX, WINDOWS
- Programming languages: C, PERL, JSP, HTML
- Database system: MySQL
- Statistical software: R, SPSS
- Other tools: BLAST, CLUSTALW, PAML, PHYLIP, RepeatMasker, etc.
- Feb. 2006-Jun. 2006: C programming language for undergraduate students, College of Life Sciences, Beijing Normal University.
- Jul. 20-Jul. 29: The Evolution of the Genome, Summer School, organized by Kunming Institude of Zoology.
Main instructers: Prof. Andrew G. Clark from Cornell University, Prof. Charles F. Aquadro from Cornell University, Prof. Zhenglong Gu from Cornell University.
- Jun. 1-Jun. 5, 2009: Sciences and Information of Genomes, 3rd term, organized by Beijing Institude of Genomics, Chinese Academy of Sciences.
Mainly focus on recent advancement in genomic sequencing technology and arithmetic & database in bioinformatics.
- Jul.26 - Aug.24, 2007: 2007 Bioinformatics Graduate Summer School,organized by Minsitry of Education of the People's Republic of China and National Natural Science Foundation of China in Tsinghua University.
Some of the main instructers: Prof. Jun S. Liu from Harvard University, Dr. Tao Jiang from UC Riverside, Prof. Jurg Ott from Rockefeller University, Xihong Lin from Harvard School of Public Health, etc.
- Mar.11 - Mar. 13, 2007: Molecular Phylogenetic Analysis and Application, instructed by Yang Zhong from Fudan University, held in Beijing.
- Apr. 18-Apr. 22, 2006: Workshop on Molecular Evolution, including methodologies, applications and programs for evolutionary studies, organized by College of Life Sciences, Fudan University.